Old 10-08-23, 06:57 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7706 Post(s)
Liked 3,631 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by Jameth
The overall group mentality here seems to be that any bike that isn't a 12-speed, drop bar road bike (or some slight variation of that) designed for weekend "sport" riding with lycra and cleats is a "niche" product.
By Definition, a product which only a very small percentage of the buying public wants to buy is "niche" product. it is what the term means. Nobody said anything about weekends or lycra or cleats----those are YOUR prejudices. Thanks for showing your bad side.

Originally Posted by Jameth
I'm glad that I came to a public forum for cyclists to raise my concerns about the COMICALLY unvarying bike selections I've been seeing and to learn that it is the work of gifted minds far greater than my own.
The sad part is that people told you the truth and you are unable to accept it.

It is pretty clear you have never tired to run a business and particularly never tried retail sales. It is also obvious that you refuse to accept that you are ignorant about a lot of things, and also refuse to learn.

The more loudly you pitch your tantrum the more idiotic you look.

Go outside and shout at clouds. Call everyone sheep for thinking the world is round, or call us cowards for not resisting the Law of Gravity ... "It isn't a real law! it isn't in a law book!"

Bike shops want to stay in business. You want to be a sharp, sudden pull or tug. Success all around. Oh, happy day!

I have toured and commuted in cleats and on flat pedals, and I have commuted in Lycra. Pretty much everything in your post is inaccurate, dishonest, or the product of sustained willful ignorance.

Here is the bottom line-----Since you know better than everyone how a bike shop should be run .... go start a bike shop. Stock whatever you think needs to be sold.

Good luck.
Likes For Maelochs: