View Single Post
Old 10-09-23, 06:33 AM
jaxy357

Bikes: Terry Susan B., '23 Specialized Roll 3.0 low entry, 'Lectric Lite folding bike, beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
Dark and chilly!

Good morning all, today I realized it's officially gloves season...being able to see my breath and riding in the dark to the train station. I'm thankful for my spoke lights but can see that I should upgrade my headlight and tail light since I'm riding on the shoulder of a 50 mile per hour road (which thankfully has rumble strips at least). The sun rising over the river was beautiful and one of these days I won't be rushing and will stop to snap a picture. Also, should have checked the train status before hustling out the door since my train was about 12 minutes late. When I got to campus, I walked the mile to my office and had to keep rubbing my hands together or trying to push my hands up into my sleeves. I started using Lume deodorant in the problematic areas and this in combination with the cooler temps meant I wasn't stinky when arriving to the office. Sidenote: my campus bike is out of commission until the local bike co-op reopens and I can get a new tube and tire. The bike cost $10 originally and I'm nearly tempted to sell it to someone else who can give it the attention it needs (saddle bolt is also stripped). Once the new train station opens up near my house, I'll be able to roll my "home" bike on and off and won't have to maintain as many bikes hopefully. That's supposed to be next month but I've not really seen any press releases, etc. so I'm kind of skeptical.