View Single Post
Old 10-11-23, 07:42 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4514 Post(s)
Liked 4,203 Times in 2,815 Posts
Like others have said probably whatever but we tend to use Orange Seal at two of the shops I have worked at, it seems to do a good job and is made in 'Murica,

In terms of what the pro's use it matter only to a slight point. Most riders will never do what the pros are doing and the pros have team cars and a lot of support behind them so if something goes wrong they are getting a new bike or wheel or something and they have budgets to experiment but also sponsors to appease. Not saying they don't run good equipment but they may not run good equipment for the average cyclist who doesn't have a team truck with pro-mechanics and massive budgets.

For me personally road tubeless has a way to go before I would want to use it. Gravel and MTB stuff is great but skinny tire high pressure stuff could use some more refinement for me. I am not opposed to it but I think a big part is running lower pressures which I wouldn't want as much on a road bike. Sure there is some puncture sealing which is great but honestly the lower pressures are the thing for me and I don't want super low pressures on skinny road tires.