Old 10-11-23, 09:16 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,050 Times in 740 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
The components on it are entry level which is not a bad thing if defined correctly 105 is a solid groupset that is quite reliable but the bike as a whole isn't particularly worth that much being a Schwinn. It is not terrible price wise considering these days a bike like that would be a bit more expensive but again zero support for it and you are buying essentially second hand product if the frame is damaged or there are others issues at all you are out on your own. From what I have been reading people have had issues and have had to return bikes and get new ones and deal with various issues and while it is all anecdotal evidence it is worthwhile noting people are saying this stuff so you can make a more informed decision.
Seriously? Since when is 105 an entry level road bike? Maybe entry level for racing purposes but not entry level for in general. Shimano's road line consists of Tourney, Claris, Sora and Tiagra all below 105 while only Ultegra and DA are above it, not exactly entry. Its amazon warehouse, not craigslist, if the frame shows up cracked then you bring it to the nearest amazon drop off location. And if you've looked at bikes these days, they're going for a lot more, for example, trek thinks their aluminum frame, 11sp 105 equipped bike should be worth 2300.00 https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...olorCode=black Note, they claim a 105 equipped bike is race ready, so I'm guessing they'll argue with you that it isn't entry level as well.

OP, the biggest issue is that unless you're skilled in building bikes, you'll have to pay a shop to build it, as we're entering the off season that should be easy to find but expect to pay about a 100.00 for the assembly. As to the condition of the bike, that's a gamble. Personally I like amazon warehouse deals but its been a mixed bag. Some of the stuff was there because the packaging was more damaged than Amazon wants to ship out as new, the item inside was pristine. Others were clearly sent back and with parts missing, which wasted an hour of my time to return but Kohls gives coupons for doing returns through them and getting 5.00 off a pack of socks I needed seemed reasonable. As to quality, this is not the same schwinn company that many remember, that can be both good and bad. Schwinn is now part of the Pacific group along with GT, Dyno, Cannondale and Litespeed. With Schwinn they are making two lines, the better of the two is as well made as any of the other brands and I'd guess this is part of that line. It'll lack the pedigree of the originals but will still be a nice bike. The cheaper line, from my direct experience with them really suck, but so too do most of the crap 70s and 80s schwinns that people seem to fawn over.