Old 10-12-23, 09:52 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7713 Post(s)
Liked 3,645 Times in 1,918 Posts
As menti0ned above this is apparently the latest generation of "Schwinn" bicycles built by the brand's latest owner .... so no comparisons to earlier models produced by different manufacturers are valid.

Also, this is not apparently a "used" bike but a bike which was knocked around during shipping and returned. if after careful inspection it turned out that the bike was fine while the box was not ... that is what is called "a Deal," folks and they can be good things. Maybe none of you shop "scratch and dent" sales, or by refurbished floor models ... I have been doing it successfully for decades. Nothing is guaranteed, of course ... ever. You could get a brand new custom-built frame and have it fail fatally on the first ride, through some total freak of nature, or buy a bike which which came in a box made mostly of tape, which lasted decades.

This bike, to me, is on par with Bikes Direct bikes .... three-year-old tech, solid, not spectacular, at a fair price ... and how many of us really Need "spectacular"? And a brand-new 8000-grouop set with rim brakes?

Almost every bike I have ever bought needed some changes ... a stem or bars and usually a saddle better suited to my anatomy .... so if this bike coast someone else $100 to assemble (not me, but some folks) then that is a small premium which I would expect to possibly have to pay anyway. Shoot, why not throw in the cost of cages and pedals and a seat bag and tools and tubes?

A sub 19-pound bike with an 8000 group set for about $1200 ..... If you Know bikes and are willing to spend a lot of time and money waiting for the right deal, driving there, and finding out the seller mis-described the bike or whatever ... . you Can find amazing used bikes for good prices ... depending on your area. I am sure in some regions the used market is pretty sparse. And if you don't know bikes in general you could end up paying a lot more for the wrong bike .... whereas here a newer rider can get a bike form a major corporation (which means parts availability at least) with a very good group set and very little worry.

I don't see people flooding the thread with their "perfect deals" which match this one .......
Likes For Maelochs: