Old 10-12-23, 07:39 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
Liked 2,556 Times in 1,068 Posts
Originally Posted by blt
Since none of us can afford the lawsuit to protect the easement, and since I value my life and don't really want to be on the horrible stretch of Diablo Rd., what is the best way to approach Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd. from Diablo Rd. and Green Valley, and what is the best way to get back to that intersection from Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd., minimizing my time on the dangerous stretch of Diablo Rd.?
From Diablo Road, veer left onto Alameda Diablo as always. Go slightly right onto La Cadena instead of bearing straight/slightly left to stay on Alameda Diablo (the way toward the old Hole in the Wall). Turn right onto Ave Nueva. (If you miss the veer right onto La Cadena, you can also turn right on Ave Nueva from Alameda Diablo, but it's a little bit further). Ave Nueva will take you back to Diablo Road, but you will be quite close to Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd (which becomes Southgate) and will have missed the worst of Diablo Road..

Coming down, just reverse. Or just bomb down Diablo Road if you can go fast enough to justify talking the lane.