View Single Post
Old 10-13-23, 03:38 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
On Wednesday I rode the MM out to Depot Park. Today I had more time and energy, so I continued on the Reformatory Branch to Lowell Rd Concord.
It was a beautiful Fall day, with not a lot of traffic on the trails..

I really enjoy riding the RBT at this time of year. Trees mostly still green, but already a lot of leaves on the ground:

In many ways, I am glad the plan to pave Bedford's portion of the RBT was shelved, though I do wish some improvement could be made to the Concord Rd (Rt 62) crossing. That seems to get more problematic every year, as driver's are more and more distracted (and territorial...) Lately I've been dismounting and walking across, so that as a pedestrian I (theoretically) have the right of way, yet many drivers still refuse to stop. Sigh.

Further west, this is one of those locations where you have to decide "Left or Right?":

At Lowell Rd, looking East, back up the RBT:

I stopped at Great Meadows on the way back:

BTW, although they have taken down the caution tape, the new bathrooms are still locked. The entrance road is also still a mess, although new pavement markings provide some hope it will be resurfaced soon. Notice also in the photo above the hay berm surrounding the parking area. That usually indicates planned disruption of the local surface.

The brown surface of the ponds was complemented by blue skies and cottony clouds:

I continued home via Depot Park and the MM to Lexington Center and ultimately Arlington.

A pleasant 28 miles.

Tom
Likes For bike_tom: