View Single Post
Old 10-17-23, 12:52 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 233 Posts

Nothing fancy here folks, just another Raliegh Sport. mostly cleanup and a good polish to make the psint glow. One thing i did was save the existing saddle from athe trash can. When examined the cover was loose. both the rivets on the side had pulled through and the cover just slid off. Looking at the frame it was missing 3 of the springs that support the saddle. I looked around the shop and noticed a saddle frame hanging on the wall in the Grotto, our work and misc. part storage area. It was the same frame with all the springs in place. I swapped the two and installed the cover on this frame. Not having any rivits I found some round head bolts and nuts the appropriate size and used them to attach the cover. It worked a treat and now the bike looks like new again.
Likes For capnjonny: