View Single Post
Old 10-20-23, 08:12 PM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked 158 Times in 133 Posts
So I inflated to 105psi (as indicated by my Serfas pump), and got this. For reference, I usually ride at around 90psi indicated (yeah, carrying around about a dozen kilos more than I should).

the tread lifted up more, but the tire otherwise held its shape. I actually do have a GP5000 28mm as a spare. No traditional patches handy - would a glueless patch work well enough for reinforcing the tire from the inside?

I plan on taking the tire off on Sunday and seeing how the carcass looks from the inside. If it doesn’t look torn from the inside, I’ll probably put it back on (with a glueless patch reinforcement).

As for where I was riding, I was about to go down a ~1.5mi 7% descent. Minimal traffic going downhill, but a fair bit of traffic coming up the hill to get onto I-280, so not as much wiggle room if something happened. The descent is fairly straight, with a few sweepers, and Strava indicates that I usually top out around 45-50mph on those (though I’m fairly sure it’s optimistic). I agree, a rear tire flat at 15mph isn’t much to be concerned about, I don’t know about 3x that speed though.