View Single Post
Old 10-23-23, 04:51 PM
EVlove

Bikes: 1980 Dawes Super Galaxy + 1981 Lotus Classique + 1986 Bianchi Sport SX + 2005 Van Dessel Project WR + 2021 Zizzo Liberté

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 489 Times in 223 Posts
Great to see so many varied rides and locations. We are set for another stretch of warm weather so rholland1951 , I hope you can go on that ride to Haystack!

I've been out riding but not in a mood to post lately, or even take more than a few pictures. This includes a 42 mile excursion a couple of weekends ago on those trails in NH (Salem to Londonderry), with snacks and longing looks at "my" track (Northeast Velodrome), and then home to Chelmsford via Mammoth Rd. A new personal distance record, actually. Not really Metro Boston, and at any rate a longer account than I was willing to write.

Today saw me venture south of West Concord for the first time on the BFRT. Obligatory "I was here" shot at Powder Mill Rd, and I finally remembered the mural, too.

Not pictured, a friendly jogger who saw me at that fence with my phone out and assumed I was trying to figure out if the trail continued. Likewise, I suddenly found myself in a middle school road race (walk was more like it, for the part of the field that I saw) that included much of that BFRT spur to the fence. Running both ways, with a teacher posted at the turnaround spot (yeah, they thought of that).

29.1 miles and 800 vertical feet. One of my longer rides of the year.
Likes For EVlove: