Old 10-30-23, 03:34 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
Yea , I'm 69 and that darn ticket cost me $500 by the time I paid for the ticket, traffic school and the state tacked on an additional fee for the ability to take traffic school . I was going 62 in a 50 zone on a straight country road with no houses or anything . I couldn't believe he wrote the ticket. If I had been going 65 , the ticket would be a tier 2 . CHP was hiding in the shade of a tree.
I could've bought the second most expensive vintage bike to add to my collection.
Ok, you live in California, no wonder. California is hard up for money so they'll write you a ticket without blinking, which is why the cost of a speeding ticket for doing less than 20 over plus the school went from $125 to $500, that's insanity, it probably would have been cheaper if you hadn't gone to traffic school and just paid the dang ticket. Calif about 10 years before I moved just started the program where you had to pay the ticket and the cost to go to driving school, but the pts wouldn't show up unless you got another ticket within 3 years than the pts from the first and second one all appear at once. Because of that is why I said I would never go to traffic school and the first ticket, wait and see if you get a second one within 3 years of the first, then go to traffic school on that one to eliminate the 2nd set of pts. Chance are you wouldn't get a 2nd ticket in 3 years, so you win the game except for the fine for the ticket, but that would still be cheaper than paying for the school on top of that. California is a scam state.
Likes For rekmeyata: