Old 10-31-23, 09:44 AM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 532 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3284 Post(s)
Liked 4,041 Times in 1,490 Posts
Halloween is here. Time to bring the horror!

@northbend saw my previous post and had the inspired idea of putting bar ends on the bar ends to give a sort of antler effect, Plus, you can never have too many hand positions, right? So he graciously sent me another set of bar ends for the project.

The bell is self-explantory, but you may be wondering what the lone shifter is doing there. It's an AccuShift, so it clicks -- for those times when a bell is too much but you don't want to be totally silent. BTW, for those who love details, the shifter is mounted using a Shimano stem shifter mount. I had to re-tap the hole to get the right threading for a downtube shifter.

I miss my childhood erector set. Another small detail, the Truvativ face plate didn't fit between the adapters for the bag mount drop, but I found that a Kona stem I had used the same spacing for the bolt holes and was just able to squeeze in there.

Lug lining with a Sharpie. Not a Sharpie paint pen, mind you. Just a standard Sharpie.

EvapoRust had this clean and sparkly, but it seems like the second I took it outside it started to rust again.

The claw adaptor on a bike with an integrated derailleur hanger was fun, but you really don't need to do anything to a Shimano Eagle derailleur to get a Frankenbike effect.

Since I used a 700c wheel on the rear, I needed short reach, which meant using a front brake from a Weinmann Vainquer set. I could have swapped out the center bolt, but that would have been a real hassle. Instead, I used an old ball bearing cartridge as a washer so the nut would thread on tightly.

I was missing one of the straps for the front fender, but a piece of old inner tube does just fine.

Ready to ride!