View Single Post
Old 11-02-23, 10:35 PM
Leebob69

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 3.0, Trek 700 MultiTrack,Specialized Alibi,Benotto ?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 2cam16
Yeah those early hybrids were great bikes. I had a Specialized Crossroads about the same era as yours. 700c's. Turned it into a dropbar gravel bike. Upped it to 9 speeds with 105 drivetrain. Had a blast with it for a couple of years then realized I didn't really need a gravel bike so I turned it back to stock and sold it. lol
Looks like yours was switched to Gripshift asI believe that should have still been the trigger like my Crossroads. I'm not a fan of grips. Just not my thing specially the cable routing. Enjoy the bike though!
I'm not a fan of twist shifting so far. I'll ride it as is for now and learn to use it because who knows I might need to know that skill in the future. 😆 Ya right. I know trigger shifters are not expensive so most likely I'll keep my eye out for some Shimano triggers. With my new Sirrus filling my everyday needs I doubt the Trek will be more than a rainy day bike but I did find it comfortable in riding so far.
Rob I live out in Tracy and I see that you can ride along side the California Aqueduct. It runs a good distance. I've been thinking of trying it up to the Bethany Reservoir. I've read it's paved but I'll bet not real smooth. I should drive over and take a walk to see what me and the bike would encounter.
Likes For Leebob69: