Lenton58 

Bikes: Vitus 979, Simplon 4-Star, Woodrup, Gazelle AB, Dawes Atlantis

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 42 Posts
FRAME TRADE
Restored
Dawes Atlantis c. 1980 in Reynolds db-531 — including forks. 59 cm.

Seat tube: 59cm c-t
Top tube: 53.5cm >> 54cm c-c
Head tube: 135 mm

• Hand-built sport tourer. Assembled in Dawes’ special production line.
• The finish was restored in baked stove enamel by Argos Racing Cycles in England.
•The original hues, fade spray, and graphics are exact reproductions. According to the Argos' price guide, I estimate this alone would cost 500-600 US$ today.

• The frame was fully serviced and adjusted by a professional frame maker here in Sendai before the build assembly —chased, faced, and aligned.
Very few miles on the fame since the build in 2011-12.

Members who are interested can inquire, and by arrangement receive an Email from me with all the history as I know it, as well as more details and photos.

I’m only 5’9”, so a ’54+’ or ’56’ is a better fit. So as for a trade, I’d be interested in a race frame (not a tourer) and something of equal provenance, hand-assembled and with reasonable finish. I’m in no hurry, and I’m in no mood to just dump this bike. I can still ride it OK. I just prefer a smaller frame.

EDIT: On consideration, I would accept a trade for a sports tourer ... or a "MIXTE" in some nice tubing and my size (54, 56) — admittedly a fairly rare item. (I always wanted a mixte for getting about doing metro errands to distant places ... with a basket at the back. My Japanese Bridgestone mama-chari is very utilitarian, but it's a BARGE — even with the Dura Ace bearings that I stuck in the hubs - )))

Last edited by Lenton58; 11-28-23 at 05:55 AM.
Likes For Lenton58: