View Single Post
Old 11-05-23, 08:31 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2748 Post(s)
Liked 979 Times in 801 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
OP- once you have fit dialed in, so saddle height is good, stem length and angle are good, etc- take that to a ship and ask them to cut the cables to proper lengths. Good lord there is a ton of excess cable in that picture. That stuff can easily get in the way if it's flopping around with excess length.

But I'd you do it after you have the fit set, you won't end up with it possibly too short.
when I looked at the specs of this bike, it seems that it has hydraulic brakes.
Also, it appears that the loop of brake lines on this bike could easily be pushed forward of the fork. In the photo we see the big loop of the front brake behind the bars, but hopefully it can be pushed out of the way so the loop is in front, out of the way of your knees

. There is a curious "junction" in the housings, I'm not familiar with hydro brakes but didnt think that they have this--but this bike certainly has some sort of junction joining up thing in the brake line-two clearly seen things that look like barrel adjusters on a cable shifting housing.

if they are hydro brakes, then changing cable length would cost more to do at a shop wouldn't it? (again, no experience working oh hydros)