Old 11-05-23, 10:25 AM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
There's half the problem. Folks are more interested in ranting and screaming for action, yet quick to criticize ANY and every suggestion, while offering none of their own.
Again, this is not close to accurate. I, and many other observers of this case, have precisely suggested our own solution -- charge this women with at least some of the crimes that she committed. This is not difficult for you to understand.

BTW- I believe it's still early to get worked up about this specific case. Illinois law and procedure is different from how we do things here in NY, but there are similarities. There may be reasons why no immediate arrest was made,
If you are going to pontificate on this situation, at least become slightly familiar with it, first. Again, your description here is not even close to accurate. An immediate arrest was made.

but the police did gather and secure evidence, and the prosecutor has PLENTY of time to indict based on whatever charges he feels warranted. So, it's probably useful to let them know that you (the public) is waiting to see what he does.
Again, not accurate. The district attorney has already declined to charge the perpetrator with anything.

Here in NY, the refusal of blood test is automatic is an automatic suspension and possible revocation of the driver's license. Even without a collision or injury, the driver would be facing a $5-10,000 legal bill, with more serious consequences if there''s injury or death.
Per Illinois law, she is facing 4 to 15 years in prison -- just for leaving the scene, without a kicker for being intoxicated -- but again, as I originally explained, laws don't matter when the people we pay to enforce them are in complete dereliction of duty.