Old 11-06-23, 05:41 PM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
Liked 3,904 Times in 1,426 Posts
Originally Posted by Maohaus
Canklecat, sorry for your misfortune, regardless of who was at fault. I have had four surgeries as a result of a cycling accident and my insurance refused to pay a cent because I was out of state. But, by the Grace of God, I was Blessed to have a full recovery.

Yes, there are plenty of bad drivers. But, as an avid cyclist who has been the proud member of many cycling clubs, there are legions of irresponsible cyclists out there. Many simply lack the proper understanding of good cycling etiquette and basic rules of the road. Many are just angry and mad at anyone in an automobile. (Road rage is not confined to just people behind the wheel). To make matters worse, there are far too many arrogant Lycra clad warriors who believe they can ride any way they wish on the road - simply because they are cyclists.

If cyclists would take the time to smile and interact with drivers and pedestrians in a respectful manner, perhaps attitudes would change. Meanwhile, it is healthy to laugh at ourselves!
Again, there is that word arrogant. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

But to be clear, how are they riding on the road? And is it only those in lycra?