Old 11-08-23, 01:37 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3918 Post(s)
Liked 1,982 Times in 1,414 Posts
Quads hurt? Really? No kidding? Back when I was your age, if my quads hurt all week but I could still walk fine, I knew my midweek work was just right. Then I'd take 1 day off before the group killer fest. I'm gradually working my way back into it, and I'm just getting to the stage when I can still do stuff with sore quads. Earlier in the process that was a show-stopper. I do remember my quads not being sore when I was young, but maybe that's just because I never worked to my potential. I go more by HR than by feel. I watch the numbers. I know, numbers aren't that popular with everyone, but I think science matters. Then there's that whole other thing about why stress yourself, but you obviously aren't limited by that philosophy.

Yesterday was a gym day, pulling day, and my quads are sore even though I didn't work them, but everything in the gym involves quads some how. I'll go out this afternoon and see what they can do. I think you're doing it right.

I usually don't take NSAIDs. Inflammation is how we heal. I will take them for tendon issues. Swollen tendon sheaths really need to be calmed down or one will get injured tendons.