Old 11-09-23, 05:41 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked 2,055 Times in 583 Posts
Originally Posted by gobicycling
Somehow this thread has gotten all over the place! So I'll take this opportunity to add one more tidbit. Recently our Next-door had a post that someone had been told to check their furnace for carbon dioxide and had been told by the technician that there was dangerous carbon dioxide in the air and they needed a new furnace. Immediately, numerous other posters stated they must also have their furnace checked for carbon dioxide as soon as possible. I took a moment to explain to them the differences between carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. I expressed concern about the lack of scientific knowledge expressed by these posts, and was criticized for doing so. And the thought keeps occurring to me, these people vote!
IMHO, never be afraid to be that little voice in the back of the room pointing out that the emperor has no clothes. If you are right, you will have taught something. If you are wrong, you will have learned something. It astounds me when people make clear errors about something, then get butthurt when someone points out the error. I guess I make enough errors, I'm used to it. lol

Likes For Biker395: