View Single Post
Old 11-14-23, 09:53 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18586 Post(s)
Liked 16,071 Times in 7,544 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
As for Larry's claim that this food bank is for rich people because (1) it's in an affluent area, and (2) they're giving out canned salmon. Wow, what a crock of crap. Poverty often exists (and is often worse) side-by-side with great affluence, and much of the food given out at such food banks is donated by local grocers. I haul those donations from our local grocers, and they often include high-end cuts of meat, salmon, tuna, etc -- whatever is about to hit its 'sell-by' date.
I think affluent people tend towards fresh salmon and other fresh fish. My family sometimes ate canned salmon when times were tough.

I rode to my 35th high school reunion back in '18. I went to an exclusive New England boarding school that back in the early 80s cost 5 figures/year. At the time of the reunion, Skanska was finishing up a new, three-story athletic building that included a studio with Peloton bikes an indoor hockey rink. Estimated final price tag was $82 million. Over $70 million of that came from one, anonymous donor. (I am pretty sure I know who that was. He's the King of a country.)

Not 3 miles away is a town that, according to at least one source, has the highest rate of opioid addiction in the entire state of MA.

Last edited by indyfabz; 11-14-23 at 09:59 AM.
Likes For indyfabz: