View Single Post
Old 11-14-23, 01:15 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3335 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
. But if something goes bad, parts generally aren't readily available and they're expensive..
Story of something going bad. I have an AXS system on my FS, its a good system. Plus an XT 1X system on my HT and an Ultegra system on a road bike, that one for better then 6 years with zero issues. The XT system recently started having issues after 4 years of moderate use. The battery wasn't holding a charge and I assumed bad battery, as they are the most likely issues and after 4 years it's likely done, so I replaced the battery (this is all documented on the Di2 Parasitic Drain post here). Replaced the battery, updated the system via the E-Tube software, fast drain continued. Took to a local shop, their diagnostic software identified a bad shifter. It would shift but if plugged would killed the battery in about 2-3 days. They quoted me a price of $160, which wasn't terrible, some online shops had the Di2 XT shifter at $185. Then I checked Cambia, they had it at $111, with a one time 20% off discount, so now $91. Ordered. So lesson learned is yes parts fail, sometimes they are expensive, but always shop around, you may find it at considerable discount.