View Single Post
Old 11-14-23, 05:14 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 490 Times in 355 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I live in a small metropolitan suburb that is fairly wealthy overall, but there are people in need. The number of those people in need fluctuates as circumstances change (e.g., went way up during the Covid shutdown). We don't have any homeless in our city.

The only time I see anyone well off at our food bank is when they are (i) donating their time working, (ii) dropping off food donations, or (iii) dropping off a check. The food bank serves those truly in need even though they virtually all have a place to live. Those that aren't in need would not be caught dead driving off with a load of food.
I need the Wilier to go to this food bank or the other guests might judge me. It’s all rich people, high end cars etc.

edit: this is a joke, and much more insincere than most of my posts, wasn’t meant to be taken seriously. But I do think it’s a rich person food bank, or at least decidedly not for the lowest class. It’s different than other food banks I’ve gone to or volunteered at (highschool hockey team volunteered.)

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-14-23 at 07:57 PM.