View Single Post
Old 11-15-23, 06:31 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1170 Post(s)
Liked 4,106 Times in 1,982 Posts
Originally Posted by 956user
Awesome feedback! I picked up a trek dual sport 1 off marketplace, I think its the model before the most latest one that is coming out. I've mainly just been riding the light trails around my apartment here in ATX. Still too nervous to ride on roads. 100% agree on not getting the most expensive bike in order to get other bikes for different things.

Also learning you can make any entry level bike look nice by upgrading parts. Any advice on where to start?
As others have said above this site is a great place for info. One pro tip is to use google for your searches but include bikeforums.net.
Try google searching "Trek dual sport bikeforums.net" or pick a part you want to replace "what is your favorite Saddle? bikeforums.net" this will bring you to lots of threads with great info. Another great place to start is threads like "Show us your vintage mountain bikes" which has hundreds of pages of bikes people are showing off, many of which have been upgraded or customized. Take some time and explore. Welcome to the forum
Likes For SoCaled: