View Single Post
Old 03-17-06, 11:07 AM
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Trolling for bikes is always a bit weird, occassionally stuff'll just seem to drop from the sky on you. Really nice haul, Mhendricks.

To put an exclamation point on the first point, I've not found a thing bike wise in the last two months. Some black early dura-ace brakes, A nitto technomic stem, a nitto north road bar, some mechs-- huret duopar, Simplex SX5500s, Dura ace FD, a nitto steel rack and some decent fenders, but no decent whole bikes, not a sniff. Today I got up and headed to an auction that has been dry as a bone lately, and all they had was a pile of Huffys and a box full of cross-country skis. So I bought a ticket and rolled out to one of the most non-productive thrift stores I know (at least for bikes; the only other one I've ever found there was the Ross I'm posting in the vintage rides thread).

Stuck to a Huffy was this here Pinarello. Decals rough, paint Italian. Columbus Cromor tubing, full Campy group except for the wheelset (a keeper, Mavic MA40s laced to Specialized hubs). 3ttt bar and stem. I believe it's late eighties and am unsure of the Campy group. The frame is a ridiculously sized 51cm, people need to start buying bikes of a real size, like say, 62cm. I pried it loose from the Huffy and bought it immediately, of course, even given the wrong size. Any id help is of course appreciated, I don't know squat about Pins or that much about Campy, really, since I tend to learn about stuff as I find it. The frame is prolly trade/ebuy bait, I suppose.

I then went back to the auction and bought the box of XC skis for 5$. I don't know the first thing about them, either, but I figured some of them might fit me and if it ever snows again, I might use 'em. Anyone wants some free XC skis in the RVA area or can point me in the direction to learn something about them, drop me a PM...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dscn0650.jpg (89.0 KB, 43 views)
Dscn0651.jpg (89.2 KB, 46 views)
Dscn0653.jpg (96.0 KB, 56 views)
Dscn0654.jpg (88.1 KB, 34 views)
Dscn0652.jpg (89.3 KB, 39 views)