View Single Post
Old 11-18-23, 01:53 PM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 2,874 Times in 548 Posts
Bit soggy in London today, I decided to go to Holland Park as the Kyoto garden always has great colors at this time of year. On the way I stop for a pic by statue called 'moments contained' by Thomas Price outside the V&A Museum.

And another pic outside the rather nice building of the Royal College of Organists, just opposite the Royal Albert Hall.

Kensington High Street was very busy with Saturday shoppers, with stores already peddling their Christmas wares, so its a welcome contrast and relief moments later to get into Holland Park, where its easy to forget you're in the middle of a city of millions on a Saturday afternoon.

It even has exotic birds of paradise wandering around, though this one looks like his get up and go got up and left....

He's off to write a letter to his agent reminding him he is a bird of paradise, and there's obviously been a huge mistake as London in November does not meet that criteria.

The Kyoto Garden might not be as warm as paradise, but has a color array as impressive as the peacock's.

And on my way home I stop for a pic at a cabbie's tea hut, one of only a dozen or so remaining. They are protected buildings now, and have been going for over 100 years serving cheap food and drinks to London's Black Cab drivers. Uber drivers and members of the public are not allowed, so I've got to head back home to make my own tea.