View Single Post
Old 11-20-23, 04:57 PM
EVlove

Bikes: 1980 Dawes Super Galaxy + 1981 Lotus Classique + 1986 Bianchi Sport SX + 2005 Van Dessel Project WR + 2021 Zizzo Liberté

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 489 Times in 223 Posts
Chelmsford DPW was out blowing leaves off the BFRT today. I can vouch for High St to the Westford line, which is what I rode, and it looked like they continued on towards town center. In Westford and Acton, however, no clean-up was evident. The leaves weren't too bad but I was on the Bianchi, sporting 23mm tires, and at times had to pick my line very carefully through fallen pine cones.

Today's was an afternoon ride from my house to West Concord and back, a total of 25.2 miles, mostly to get myself reacquainted with riding in the cold (and wind! 38 deg F, N 13 with gusts of 22 mph, recorded at Hanscom AFB). Triple layers top and bottom, under helmet cap, full fingered gloves. It was just sufficient, but did require holding back on the descents. On the return leg, against the wind, in the even lower sun, I could have used more.

This was taken at the train station, at 2:37. That sun angle is only going to get worse for another month, ugh.

As a side note, I find it takes a special kind of clueless to build a bike parking structure and then separate it from the trail by crushed rock and a curb
Likes For EVlove: