View Single Post
Old 11-20-23, 10:49 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5043 Post(s)
Liked 8,293 Times in 3,918 Posts
Originally Posted by Bgdv1
Basic maintenance is no problem. Been working on my own vehicles, motorcycles and atv for 0ver 40 years and bmx and 10 speeds back in the day. I'll stick with my MTB as that is what I want to ride not a CX/gravel bike or street bike. No offence but you sound like a car salesman that tells you what you need to drive when looking for something specific. I appreciate the helpful responses and ignore the BS babble.
Just like with cars, motorcycles, and ATVs, it’s not just about knowing the basics of how to use tools, but having knowledge about what you’re working on, and how the parts go together. With your other experience, you can probably learn about wrenching bikes pretty quickly…if you are motivated to.

Your bike can be made to go faster, but the cost of making those changes on that bike might not make sense. If that’s truly the goal, sometimes upgrading to a new machine, that fits your needs better, is a more practical choice.