View Single Post
Old 11-22-23, 02:46 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked 2,222 Times in 1,107 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
why do people insist on using a dedicated computer when a smartphone can do the job just as well? one could say that "many knives" represents many devices.
I had the same viewpoint but never found a mount for my phone that was stable. I would go over a bump, and it would move. Battery life was an issue too along with keeping the display visible required going through the setup before and after a ride.
I picked the ROAM because it is bigger display than the bolt and has most of the functionality, including GPS, built in as a standalone unit, not to mention the color that the bolt didn't have at the time.

The functionality between Garmen and Wahoo as decreased over time so much of what is touted as unique functionality of a Garmin is matched on the Wahoo.