View Single Post
Old 11-23-23, 01:22 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Metro Boston riders.

My wife and I were invited to a "Friendsgiving" later today, so this morning I found myself with beautiful weather and no cooking or hosting obligations. Of course, I went for a ride.
I decided to take another trek over to Charlestown via the Minuteman, Alewife Linear Park, and the Somerville Community Path.

As I began my ride, the MM was covered with a greasy layer of wet leaves:

I rode cautiously and had no mishaps, but I was glad the paths beyond Alewife had less tree cover.

There was a football game taking place at Russell Field in Cambridge and one of the bus drivers apparently thought it was perfectly fine to completely block the path at Harvey St. Doh!

Sigh. (it was still there when I came back)

Davis Square was unusually quiet:

After making my way to Charlestown I followed the Harborwalk along the water front:

I stopped to take a few shots across the harbor toward downtown, such as this one:

I always get a kick out if this sign at Constitution wharf:

Here's a shot of the Zakim, just 'cause:

I headed back the same way I went out. The wind really seemed to have picked up, which made negotiating the elevated sections of the Community Path a good exercise in bike control.
The spot where the path crosses up and over the Union Square branch is WAY up there and required a tight grip on the bars:

It wasn't a very long ride - not quite 16 miles, but it was a fun holiday jaunt.
Now I will relax and look forward to my friends plying me with Thanksgiving dinner.

Tom

Last edited by bike_tom; 11-23-23 at 02:29 PM.
Likes For bike_tom: