Old 11-25-23, 08:49 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 2,965 Times in 1,821 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
I'm with the others in that it's not worth $5000 IMHO.

That said, there are so cool things going on there. He mentions prototype Delta Brakes. They are different then any others I've seen in that they seem to have a quick release or something on the caliper itself there at the top. Then the internal cable routing for the shifters is pretty cool, not sure if that's used on other Colnago bikes or not.

If this bike had a history of being raced for someone famous or documented as a test prototype or such I could see it being more valuable. Otherwise these "funny bike" setups are really a niche item and it takes a really special person to be interested.

I had a really nice Panasonic made Schwinn Prologue TT funny bike that was built up with new 10 speed parts. These were made with the wonderful Tange Prestige tubing. Got hurt in a wreck and couldn't ride it anymore and even with a really cheap price it took a long time to sell it. In fact, come to think of it. It sold as a rolling frameset only, fork frame and wheels.
Similarly, no one would probably ever actually use that water bottle/cage, but I see those alone going for stupid money on eBay (or at least they did a couple years ago before the bottom fell out of the vintage bike market).