Old 11-27-23, 01:37 PM
Beanboy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Been reviewing everything from drop bar gravel bikes with internal gears (Apollo) to full on race bikes, with everything in-between.

Looking at Giant's TCR Advanced Disc 2 Pro Compact, so far racier (and pricier) that I was planning on. Why?

First, the only rides I have been currently doing is with local shop (25 to 38 miles) or my own (14 miles) are paved, relatively short, and speedy rides. That may change in the future, but the TCR can fit up to 32mm tires, so a dirt road or rail trail won't be out of the question. I'm also under the delusion that I may want to visit my old crit course and enter my first race since the 1990s, but that is a stretch; but the idea of entering a local time trial is becoming more appealing as I get back into shape via running and biking.

Second, stretching for a full carbon bike with full 105 for $2200 (and a free Rev Pro helmet) seems to be a significant jump in what I can get versus aluminum bikes on the market at the moment.

Likely will be ordering online to pick a color and get the free helmet. Hopefully I'll be able to get a ride in before the salt hits the roads.