Old 11-28-23, 02:44 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2082 Post(s)
Liked 1,570 Times in 1,087 Posts
Originally Posted by aliasfox
... The Wahoo shows all of this on an always-on screen, which is marginally more convenient on already-known routes, but the 2nd half of my route yesterday was fairly fresh - so it was nice to know when the next turn was without having to pull over and pull up the map. Obviously, this relies on me syncing up my Strava routes.
- The Wahoo comes into its own with the radar. The Varia can connect to my iPhone via bluetooth, but given I started the ride at 95% battery and ended at 32% (with Strava tracking the ride, as well as Google Maps sending my location to the wife), having the iPhone's screen on for the whole ride wouldn't have worked. ...
I have a Varia 515 but no bike computer, so I have tried two apps on my iPhone 14 Pro Max:
(1) Garmin's own Varia app in foreground, screen always on, Strava running in background: iPhone battery decreases by < 10% per hour.
(2) Ride With GPS app, screen always on, no other apps running: iPhone battery goes from > 90% to < 50% after an approximate two hour ride.