Old 11-30-23, 03:20 PM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 423 Posts
No one ever listens to Admiral Akbar. I went for a $25 kids mountain bike and there where 4 bikes waiting for me. $12.50 each, how could I say no?

I had originally been after the blue Trek 200 with the ridged fork. Its got a steel frame and is heavier than the more recent grey Trek 220 with the aluminum frame and suspension fork, but I have plenty of aluminum bits to replace all the steel components, and I think I'll be single speeding it also. The grey Trek will get tuned up as is and the kid will have options.
The Tarantula is apparently a high end big box bike, i.e. Target not Walmart, but is in nice shape, and will get re homed. The Dimondback Ascent looks to be a 1993. Its got Altus
bits on it, which are not so exciting, but the frame is clean. My primary ride right now is a very beat up single speed DB Ascent of a slightly different vintage, so I'm interested to ride this a bit as is.

Last edited by bark_eater; 11-30-23 at 06:33 PM.
Likes For bark_eater: