Old 12-01-23, 05:45 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 423 Posts
Originally Posted by sbrudno
As a resident of the Eastern Shore of Virginia, I am always struck by what can be had on the Shore!
These came from the area north of North East and south of Lancaster. I have a theory about the area and other similar spots. They are wonderful places to ride a bike, but the road traffic has quadrupled in 20 years, so lots of low milage garage queens.

The county I live in is a peninsula, but was historically referred to as "The Isle of" because before the bridges got built everything came in by boat. With out getting to deep into a civics lesson people have been importing junk here for 300 years. And it doesn't have any where to go but the scrapyard or the local auction house.
I check the scrap yard most mornings and drink in the spectical of 300 years of material culture being crushed. (Any one want a 10 foot bed belt drive lathe).... Act now..
The auction house is no fun after the covid shift to on line, which makes sense as they make more money with less work. Less fun and more expensive has kind of killed it for me, but I still occasionally preview to check the "barn finds"