Old 12-03-23, 09:30 AM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 1,918 Times in 856 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I’ve got 3 different mini-pumps that all work well and can be carried in a pocket or on a bottle cage mount.

1. Lifeline micro pump - tiny, cheap little thing that slips unnoticed into a jersey pocket. Great for local rides, although I wouldn’t trust it for epic rides far from home.

2. Topeak Race Rocket MT - Only slightly longer, but higher volume for mtb use. Can also carry in a pocket, but it is slightly more bulky.

3. Silca Tattico - A top quality mini road pump, but slightly longer and heavier than the above. It will still go in a jersey pocket, but I carry this one on a bottle cage mount.

It’s not the weight saving over a full length frame pump that really matters, it’s the much smaller form factor. Frame pumps made sense on vintage steel triangle frames and still do today, but not on a modern aero road bike or mtb.
I sure love mine. I am amazed how fast it pumps up a tire. I have not counted the strokes but it will pump a rat trap pass up to 50psi in about a minute and a 700x32 to 80psi in about the same. First time I tried it I figured I was going to be there a while and to my surprise that was not the case....I think I have fixed at least 6 flats with it this year maybe one or two more....too many flats....heck one ride I flatted on the rear and a mile later the front went flat....
Likes For jadmt: