Old 12-03-23, 02:29 PM
RavenMLS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Legally blind/visually impaired

Originally Posted by Taz
I am interested in hearing from riders who have low vision and are considered legally blind.

I would like to know a little about your visual impairment and how you ride with your impairment?
hello! I have been riding solo for over a year and I am visually impaired in 1 eye and legally blind in the other. Here in FL you must have at least 20/40vision in your best eye in order to be able to ride/drive. I barely make it and have to go for testing since a year in order to keep driving/riding. Other folks here comment on how they ride but cannot drive? I imagine it must be allowed for riders to not need a DL, here in FL it is not possible....unless you're doing it on the sly...haha. 20/200 with the best aid you use (glasses, contacts, etc) is what the government considers legally blind, or at least that's the best info I have from official channels. I m more confident riding than driving. I used to ride in 2 when I had both eyes, now I ride on 3 but I don't mind too awful much. You get used to it, and it is quite enjoyable. Safe travels!