Old 12-03-23, 07:44 PM
David_Harris

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 431 Times in 154 Posts
I love fast mountain descents, always have, whether in a car or running or on a bike, but realized that (at least for me) bombing down a twisty mountain two lane road at 40+ on an 18# bike with two skinny tires while wearing a suit of Lycra and a styrofoam helmet is probably a dumb thing to do, even though it is fun.

One of my local aspirational things to do is Mt Lemmon. Watching videos of others climbing and descending mountains in France, Mallorca, and other destinations had me thinking I needed to save for a cycling vacation, but then I realized people come from all over the world to climb mountains in Arizona, and I can get to the foot of Mt. Lemmon in a bit over an hour of driving. I may still go on a distant cycling vacation, but I decided that I should seek out and enjoy more local, unique experiences before I make a priority of those other places.

Regardless, I think I should do those things sooner than later, while visual acuity and cognitive ability are still more on my side than they will be later.
Likes For David_Harris: