View Single Post
Old 12-04-23, 12:05 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11072 Post(s)
Liked 7,642 Times in 4,259 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Not incorrect but wildly inflated.
It also doesn’t change the fact that the company is either lying through omission or purposefully. They are claiming that you can carry around a full sized adult on the rear rack which is obviously not true. I wouldn’t trust someone who makes that kind of claim.
Which makes their exaggeration all the worse. They could have a good product but they don’t need to overinflate its abilities.
- Is it wildly inflated? How much is it inflated? You are guessing and posting with confidence based on that guess. Lame.
- Is the weight rating a static or dynamic load? What other parameters exist for their claimed max weight to apply? I genuinely dont know, and I dont think you know either. You should look into it, if you care this much.
- My oldest kid sat on my rack. It was a couple years ago, so she was 50kg or so. The rack still works.
- Ok cool- you dont trust someone who makes a claim that you dont fully understand. Thats fine. It has 0 bearing on what I posted and my follow up. Once again- the rack has shown to be a good mix of weight, reliability, stiffness, cost, capability, and design(flexible attaching to frame and secure mounting). Its Ok that you dont trust it and prefer a different rack.

You are a man of science. You are a man of binary processing where gray almost never exists. Go find details for that specific rack before you post again with more guesses that are disguised as fact.
I have read reviews and comments online that claim 80#, 100#, a kid, etc were all fine to carry while riding. Who knows for how long. Who knows with how many turns or bumps or whatever. You can go search these answers down and get back to us with actual details instead of guesses.