View Single Post
Old 12-05-23, 05:12 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2076 Post(s)
Liked 1,567 Times in 1,085 Posts
Originally Posted by mrbrian1969
He couldn't get me one, he wasn't able to find the part number either he said he could try to order one if he could find it, but it would take quite a while to get in. But since he couldn't find it anyways. I'm actually going to try back there again, and another bike shop
This is also dubious. REI keeps a record on everything I have bought ever since I became a member years ago to buy my first road bike. Any REI customer service representative can look up your order history and find which CO-OP bike you bought, and based on that information the bike service department can order a replacement RD hanger, if it does not already have a spare. Failing that, the return period is a full year; why not just return it and buy another bike from somewhere else?

The service at REI was exceptional when I bought my first road bike there. On the busy last day of the 2017 spring sale, the woman at the bike service department spent nearly an hour measuring me and adjusting two adjacent sizes (54 vs. 56) of the same bike for me to test ride to figure out my ideal size, then told me to order from REI online to get the color that was on sale.
Likes For SoSmellyAir: