Thread: Watts/Cadence
View Single Post
Old 12-06-23, 11:20 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3214 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 1,057 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I will have a look. I presume the Kickr is broadcasting power and cadence to Zwift at whatever frequency, but I think Zwift has "sticky" Watts if you suddenly stop pedalling ie. it holds your power for a second or two before dropping to zero.
You can if the Wahoo app is paired to the bike, and relevant to the thread, it also reports torque, so you can look at the average torque for the entire ride, or specify the period or duration within the ride to see average torque, e.g. from 5min through 60min.

That’s using the Chart slider after selecting Power Summary. There’s also a Power Curve box that offers insights on peak power for preset time periods.

So, for example, on a particular 1.3hr ride where I averaged 191w at 82rpm and 16.4ft-lb torque, I can also see that my peak 10min power was 229w at 83rpm and 19.5ft-lb, peak 2min power during the ride was 271w at 85rpm and 22.5ft-lbs, and my 10sec peak 506w at 81rpm and 44.1ft-lb.

I’m not saying those numbers mean anything, not wven to me, because I don’t monitor torque in particular anymore— I used to, like 10 years ago when using CycleOps PowerAgent software to analyze stationary rides, because it was graphed with the rest of the data— but it is readily available in the Wahoo app if anyone would like to understand how torque, cadence, and power relate.
Likes For chaadster: