Old 12-07-23, 10:44 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
I've heard good things about Hunt wheel. For the price, they're hard to beat.
I have owned 5 sets of Hunts and while they are great for what you pay especially when you factor in customer service in the UK and even US, I will say they are pretty rubbish. I had two of my sets develop cracks at the nipple, granted Hunt US did an amazing job getting me replacements really with no questions asked. They would send me new pairs before my defective pairs were sent back by using my credit card as a deposit. I was responsible for boxing the wheels, which was easy if you kept the original box. Trust me save at least one wheel box because it's actually insanely hard to find boxes those size and to their specific thickness/strength. Hunt will send you a prepaid label.

Beyond my experience, I have read countless stories of failed bearings, cracked carbon, blow offs and complete carbon explosions with tubeless. So for me Hunt has become kind of like Zipp but just direct to consumer in that, these aren't the best wheels but how much does customer service or warranty matter to you? If you want to call the manufacture and get your issue resolved quickly and keep swapping pairs than yeah there is something to be said for Hunt and especially Zipp or any big name brand that has a very generous or lifetime warranty, but IMO for what you are getting with Hunt you simply can do better with direct to consumer Chinese wheels now. I 100% would buy Winspace Hypers over any Hunt.

I don't know what those Limitless Gravel Wheel (steel bearings) were on sale at but those retail for $1600 and have $28 shipping and Hunt a year back started to charge tax, so for most people that's a $1760 wheel all in. Something like the Lun Grapid 700 Wheelset are $800 shipped with the same 25mm internal width but are 38mm vs 42mm deep, however the Luns weigh 135g less at $960 less
https://www.winspace.cc/product/lun-...compatible-12s

Last edited by Jrasero; 12-07-23 at 10:53 AM.