View Single Post
Old 12-07-23, 11:14 AM
Johnny Rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Ross
Back in 2017 or 2018 I took my bike on a vacation to Park City, UT where we were staying at a hotel on top of a mountain; to get out of the hotel and to any of the local road cycling routes you had to descend a road that included a ~2 mile long stretch of -10% grade that was straight as a dragstrip. Twice on that trip (on two consecutive days) I hit 58mph.

Don't think I've had the opportunity to break 50mph since. Although my Wahoo insists I hit 204mph once this past year!
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
Funny, my max speed is also 58 mph just outside of Park City, descending from Guardsman Pass.
Ah, yes, descending Marsac Ave past the old mine. It’s steep and straight at that point. Like you, that’s where I hit my top speed.

Check out Cadel Evans and others race down this road in the 2014 Tour of Utah (RIP).

At 2:30, the front of the race goes past the turn-off to Stein Ericksen that you recall and then past the old mine.

(And the racers, especially Cadel who was chasing to catch on, were almost guaranteed to exceed 55mph between the numerous switchbacks before the clip started.)

Likes For Johnny Rad: