Old 12-09-23, 04:25 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
Liked 3,897 Times in 1,905 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Lag
What constitutes being a "member", as opposed to being a "guest"?
- pretty sure it is signing up and getting a user name a.k.a Bad Lag

Originally Posted by repechage
may not be. When a member is not logged in, they might appear as Guest.

way back in the CR bikelist days the numbers creeped up then exploded 2, then 3x when it transitioned to Google groups. The bikelist era, one could read but not post. With the G force it was set up so one had to join to read posts.
browser behavior pushed me to exit, the G entity was jiggering adverts when browsing elsewhere. A bit creepy. That has since vanished.
There was comment before I departed that even with the increase of members, the active participants did not rise much.
That is a good point, I am almost always logged in because, with paid membership, it makes all the ads go away. There could also be a good number of members who logged in, but did not click "stay logged in" and ended up browsing as guests, used to happen to me all the time.

I support @AdventureManCO with his encouragement for folks to join. I don't know how many posts I have seen from new members saying something to the effect of "Long time Lurker, first time poster, don't know why I waited so long?"

Last edited by SoCaled; 12-09-23 at 04:26 PM. Reason: sp