cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2446 Post(s)
Liked 4,466 Times in 2,117 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
So you DID have a goofy project you could have used for the horror show. We were waiting! I'm just going to ignore your Huffy comment and pretend you didn't say it.
The intended project fell through because of scheduling issues to bend and braze the fork. The BMW just showed up last week, so it was way too late to the party.

However, it has been the butt of a bajillion jokes in the neighborhood, as I've been helping a neighbor with his K Jetronic R107 as of recent. Many German car jokes in season this December.

Huffy? What Huffy? I don't see a Huffy.

Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
...please consider talking w/ your homeowner's insurance if you keep all those batteries somewhere in the residence/garage. I've heard that if a house fire can be traced back to an e-bike battery combusting, the fire damage is not covered, which could result in a devastating loss. At this point I've just heard the rumor, so I don't know myself. I don't know if this is all insurance companies, but would be absolutely worth a phone call to find out. In my mind it is a huge liability.
They're quality LG cells with excellent BMS systems, and this particular share bike has no recorded fires with these packs (outside of outright vandalism where a cell has been breached), but I'll sleep easier when I've acquired a fireproof safe to keep them in.

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: