Thread: At the co-op
View Single Post
Old 12-14-23, 10:51 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1296 Post(s)
Liked 3,745 Times in 1,496 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
Scott is the real deal, built them, rode them and hammers them, still at the Blue Wheel I believe in Charlottesville.

Just won his second national cyclocross champion last February and was going to the worlds in Germany.

I have a nice road bike he built that was a screamin deal, too small but very cool.

This one is at least 4X overpriced compared to mine.

Yeah, I felt the same way about the price. It doesn't really matter what bike it is...most of their 'gone through' bikes are about $500 and up. They price them based on the labor hrs given...regardless of the make or tier of bike. They have a very nice Colnago there as well. I think it is either $600 or $700. It sounds like a screaming deal, but it is around 48-50cm, and they can't get rid of it. I mean, they could if they continued to lower the price every month by 10% until it sold, but that thing's been hanging up there for over a year now. I remember seeing it last December.

I was tempted by the Hollands (Maryland) that they had - Reynolds 708, very nice, AND my size. But it was a teeny bit pricey, and then the next time I saw it it was priced even higher! That very bike (the exact one) was posted on these forums, about 10 years ago. Somehow it made its way to Denver. Was in slightly better shape then, with a better (and matching) set of components. Both of these bikes I posted earlier in this threadI believe (EDIT: Yup, post #323). They also had what looked like a late 80s/early 90s Simonetti. There's a shop down in Trinidad, CO that has a very nice Super Record Mike Melton hanging up in the shop as a display. It's fun seeing and learning about these higher end American custom frame builder bikes.

Last edited by AdventureManCO; 12-14-23 at 10:54 PM.