Old 12-15-23, 02:33 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Liked 1,293 Times in 749 Posts
Originally Posted by AirPhantomPhoto
Hmm, as a new member here, & the fact I'd be considered a "recreational" rider, I'd call this snark. But then again text is wierd with conveying sarcasm & feelings so maybe this poster didnt mean it to sound the nasty way it did?
I should have been more specific. We are all recreational riders. The problem I have is with the riders who are ignorant but do not seek out assistance in understanding how to handle their bikes and/or ride in a group. As a motorcyclist before I got into cycling I learned how to take the "racer's line" and "flatten a corner." If you approach a corner with the typical newbie on your wheel the chances are they will see you go wide at the set up and dive under you. Needless to say this can be a disaster when you then try to hit the apex of the curve. They are not trying to hurt anyone they just don't know. And, they don't know that they don't know. In a small group you can address the issue fairly easily but in a large group (I'm thinking a dozen riders) it's not easy. When I ride with my ex-racer friends I am always asking them to point out my flaws or make suggestions. Most new riders in my club.....not so much.
Likes For bruce19: