WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1808 Post(s)
Liked 2,355 Times in 1,388 Posts
markk900 and Miele Man
I am a fool!

I was loading the photos from my cellphone and old eyes didn't look closely.

It doesn't help that this Miele, the Trek (winter beater) and the Panasonic Pro Tour (touring bike) are all blue

I did try flipping the spindle but no joy. Whoever installed it definitely use the wrong length. I feel like Goldilocks, my spindle is either too long or too short and i need one that is just right!

Not sure the exact model.
Has Columbus tubing for down tube, top top tube and seat tube.
Very comfortable rider. Originally purchased as a "winter beater" but it's a keeper!

Unfortunately it has an Italian threaded bottom bracket and while I'd like to change to a triple, I can't seem to find a correct length Italian threaded sealed bottom bracket or, alternatively, a correct spindle that'll fit a triple. Currently set up with a double but the spindle is very long (about a centimeter too far to the drive side) which is way to long.

Photo shows as acquired.

Seat is a now a BELT and wheels are now tubulars with a 40 hole rear. I still have the original Miele stamped wheels it came with that are shown in the photo.

Needs to have new bar tape and a correctly coloured bottle cage.

​​​​

Drive side crank is out way too far so this winter I'll find another spindle. It's too long for a double and too short for a triple.

Last edited by WGB; 12-18-23 at 07:37 PM.
Likes For WGB: