View Single Post
Old 12-18-23, 05:10 PM
Alan K

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 333 Times in 259 Posts
Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Among my local friends, opinions have been mixed.
Many seem happy, or so they say after spending over $100k. But besides the subjectivity, there is one case that stands out. One of my friend’s son was completely sold on the idea of buying a Tesla and he did. He convinced his father also to buy one too and he bought the Tesla SUV (model X, I think). One day the young man was driving on a busy highway going south from the SF Bay area, his front side passenger wheel took off by itself. This was without any prior accidents or damage to the car. He was fortunate to not get seriously hurt, thanks for heavy traffic and lower speed.

It took Tesla almost 3 months to get this car repaired so it can be “safely” driven again - the reason was unavailability of parts.
By the end of the week, after picking up this car, he dumped (sold) it and bought a new Mercedes SL63. His father has no issues with his Tesla X.

My wife and I had tentatively decided earlier that after our current cars are no longer worth fixing, we might buy one Tesla and another comfortable/larger hybrid car for longer trips. Our current cars are refusing to give up the ghost… so it may take several years.

I may buy a large 8 cylinder car so when I’m driving around the city, I’ll be safe from crazy bicycle riders not killing me.

Last edited by Alan K; 12-18-23 at 05:14 PM.