View Single Post
Old 12-19-23, 03:30 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3522 Post(s)
Liked 1,500 Times in 1,172 Posts
Continental Europe, a lot of the touring bikes have upright bars, not drop bars. That might solve your neck issues. But do not sit too upright, that puts more weight on your bum and you will feel the bumps much more. You want to have some forward lean.

I like the visor on mine, when the sun is low in early morning or late evening, it is easier for me to keep the sun out of my eyes. And my mirror is attached to my visor. And the visor lessens the amount of rain on my glasses when my rain cover is over the visor.

Bring your visor, if you want to remove later, you can.

I did two European guided bike trips, bike was provided along with lodging and most meals. We only had to carry our lunch, water, and maybe rain gear. We had the option to bring our own water bottles, saddle and our own pedals if we wanted to. I brought all of that, thus my bum was used to the saddle and my shoe cleats fit my pedals just fine. The trip operator did not provide water bottles, and the grocery store water bottles do not fit cages well. On one of those trips, I knew that the bike would have a rack, I brought one pannier from home for the stuff I might want during the ride, it came in really handy. The other trip, no rack was on the bike, I brought an extra large saddle bag that hung from the saddle rails that could carry that stuff. I also carried a pump from home and an inner tube which was not needed, but was nice to have just in case. The tour operator would fix a flat if I had one, but that could have been a long wait if I had a flat.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: