View Single Post
Old 12-21-23, 01:54 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6255 Post(s)
Liked 4,280 Times in 2,398 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeonbicycle
i do not pull up untried info from anywhere on the net,most of what i talk about is from trying stuff my self,you know nothing about waxing at all,if you think oil does not effect the wax you most likely dont know what your talking about and most likely have not used wax for many years,i do not parrot anything thank you very much,give me one good reason to use any oil with wax,oil cause dirt and grime to stick to the chain,another thing you are not correct about is the amount of oil in candle wax,it can be as high ad ten percent,go do your home before making stupid comments
One, I have used solvent based wax lubricants for more than 20 years. I have used hot wax before that but solvent based wax is easier to apply and the the results are the same.

Two. I know a thing or two about mixtures and chemicals.

Three. It wouldn’t matter if candle wax were 10% oil…which is isn’t…it would still be a solid and wouldn’t attract grit nor would it allow grit to penetrate into the chain because it is solid.

Four. I did do my home work about candle wax and food grade wax. That’s where I came up with the values I posted.

Five. I am a chemist by education, training, and experience. I also am a bicycle mechanic by calling. I know how things work and, if I don’t, I figure out how they work.

Six. Know your audience before you go calling them stupid.

Seven. Especially don’t go calling someone “stupid” if you can compose a paragraph.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!